Tonna K. Faxon, Esq.
Tonna Faxon practices in the areas of insurance bad faith, consumer litigation, equine law, transactional and corporate matters. She joined Evangeline Fisher Grossman Law as a partner in August, 2017 and focuses her efforts litigating losses arising out of water, fire, wind, burglary, theft, and business interruption as well as other consumer protection issues and all legal matters impacting the horse industry.
Ms. Faxon’s practice representing policyholders (insureds) is grounded in more than a decade of litigating multi-million dollar class action and complex cases against the nation’s largest insurers. She has, in representing insureds and consumers, obtained multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements benefitting individuals wronged by improper and bad faith actions and practices in the insurance industry.
Her experience also includes representing individuals before sanctioning bodies of the equine industry and racing commissions. She has successfully represented numerous Olympic World Equestrian Games team members, including negotiation and drafting of contracts, business formation and counseling, risk assessment and mitigation strategy, defense of administrative disciplinary matters and representation in litigation.
Ms. Faxon also represents individuals and businesses involved in the Oregon wine and beverage industry, as well as local small business owners with their daily business advisement needs and litigation.
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE CASES
• Appointed co-lead class counsel by California Court against major insurance company, led litigation team comprised of multiple law firms and L.A. City Attorneys’ Office, negotiated restoration of health insurance to thousands of insureds and recovered settlement of $7.5 million for clients.
• Appointed co-lead class counsel by Washington Court, recovered $5.65 million on behalf of multiple corporate clients against trustees who misused and failed to properly account for trust funds.
• Successfully represented numerous Olympic World Equestrian Games team members, including negotiation and drafting of contracts, business formation and counseling, risk assessment and mitigation strategy, defense of administrative disciplinary matters and representation in litigation.
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals – State and Federal Courts of California, Kansas (inactive), Missouri and Oregon
RECENT PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION, HONORS, AND LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
• National Consumer Insurance Subcommittee Chair – ABA Consumer Litigation Committee 2017 – Present
• National Roundtable Subcommittee Chair – ABA Class Actions and Derivative Suits Committee 2014-2017
• Speaker – ABA Western Regional Class Action CLE – Insurer’s Refusal to Defend and Settlement 2016
• Speaker – ABA National Attorney Roundtable Training Conference Call – Ethics in Settlement 2015
• Speaker – ABA National Attorney Roundtable Training Conference Call – eDiscovery Issues 2014
• Elected Oregon State Bar House of Delegates Member 2014-2017
• Featured Speaker – Women of Willamette – Legal Issues Impacting Business Owners